Instructional Coaches Handout
– If you know when your practice is going to be you can sign up
with Terri Walsh firstname.lastname@example.org
. Because of the clinics, the lower field is blocked out on Tuesdays. The upper field is travel team practice.
Save the Fields
– You might have noticed, high traffic areas in front of goals get pretty beat up. Try to practice at other locations on the field. On a particularly wet field, do soft practices like throw-ins, knee drops, etc.
– Coaches with the first and last games of the day are responsible for the net assemblies and corner flags. Please allow 15 minutes to set up and take down. You can organize parents to do it while you keep the kids busy with practice.
Read Your Roster
– Your rosters have important data about your players. Allergies, health considerations, etc. Please coach accordingly. Please do NOT reproduce the rosters that are in your folders.
– We will hand out the equipment bags at the clubhouse during a meeting. Every coach will get 3 balls, some cones, and some
. Please return these after your last game of the Jamboree to pick up your medals. You will also be getting your uniforms to pass out to your team. Please return unused shirts, socks & shorts to the clubhouse after your first game.
Team Management and Responsibilities
– Please get in touch with all your players. Do not leave the field until all your players have been picked up! Please do not reproduce the rosters that are in your folders. If you want to distribute a team roster please just use the names and ask the parents if you can distribute their phone numbers.
Swapping and Unregistered Players
– We have taken great care to maintain balanced teams, and to adhere to Mass Youth Soccer regulations. Do not trade players. There are too many ramifications involved to make it an easy thing for us or their safety.
Weather Cancellation Notification
– We will post on the web
at 8:00 AM if the games will be canceled due to rain. On the web at www.BarnstableYouthSoccer.org the bottom tab on the right will be Game Update. Please remember Instructional is different than Travel.
– Rules at CCCC are strictly enforced. There is inevitably a function at the college during the season and improperly parked cars are ticketed. As are cars parked on Route 132. It is easiest if the 9:00 and 11:00 games park on the lower lot and the 10:00 and 12:00 games park on the upper Lots 10 and 11.
– The children must have shin guards. No jewelry of any type may be worn. No watches, earrings (of any kind), bracelets, necklaces, rings, hair clips, etc. No exceptions. A taped covering is not acceptable over earrings.
– Children should bring shoes, shin guards, water bottle and a ball. The U6 and U8 players use a size 3 ball. The U10 and U12 players use a size 4 ball. Soccer cleats are optional. Cleats with metal spikes are not allowed.
– Please, No Pets. Not during practice, not during the games. Doggie doo, no matter how small the dog, is unhealthy to play in.